Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Endings

We recorded The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and now it's a daily routine at our house. Sometimes multiple times each day, when the boys get their way.

Tyler has recently been calling him "The Junk."

Tonight, as we watched the Grinch and his antlered pup, Max, we sang Dahoo-Dooray with all the Whos down in Whoville as they awoke on Christmas morning.

Embracing a teachable moment, I said, "Tuck, look how happy they are, even though they don't have any of their presents. Why do you think they're so happy?"

Without breaking eye contact from the screen, he said, "Because they know he'll change his mind in a few minutes."

Excellent. So, lesson learned, then.

1 comment:

T Hunt said...

After spending an hour (that I don't have, but was happy to spend) reading your blog, I felt compelled to say something. This may seem a peculiar choice, but . . . I thought you should know I laughed out loud at this one, maybe because it echoes so many exchanges I have had with my daughters, or maybe because it is such a beautiful commentary on the power of perception!

Kind thanks from a stranger whose world has been touched by yours.