Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Sign I've Been Too Busy

Today is my dad's birthday, and we celebrated in mighty ways. Before dinner, birthday presents, and cake, we wrapped gifts, painted (indistinguishable) birds and rainbows with Crayola watercolors, and decorated a birthday card from two grandsons to their adoring Poppa.

Dad held proud Tyler, and he read the card aloud:

On your birthday,

I'm as happy as can be,

Because you're the -

He stopped and looked at me with a puzzled look. And then he continued.

Because you're a Grandma who cares about me.

"Grandma?"

Oh, geez. You see, Robb's mom's birthday is next week. We proudly decorated, stickered, and presented to Poppa the absolute wrong card.

That's what I get for planning ahead and buying them all at one time.

Poppa laughed out loud and loved the memory. He asked to keep the card. Of course, you can keep it.

We'll buy MaeMae a new one... or give her the one that says "Thanks for being my grandpa."

No comments: