Saturday, October 6, 2007

Still Waiting

We are still in Ohio, still waiting for Grams to take her final breaths and finish her life on earth.

We visited the nursing home again this evening. I thought I had said all I needed to say to her, but in the car on the way there, I realized I had a few more things I wanted to tell her, if there's a chance she can still hear me.

I told her all about Tucker and Tyler. I told her that Robb and I also have two children in heaven, and I want her to go on Home and rock them in her arms. And I sang to her: Blessed Assurance and I'll Fly Away. Those are two songs I remember her singing in her healthy, happy days.

I told her to go on to heaven.

Before we left, we spoke with a nurse who said that Grams' kidneys are shutting down, and her lungs will be the next to go. She is struggling to breathe, and I even thought for a moment that she had stopped breathing completely as I visited with her. Maybe tonight's the night.

It's time, Grams. You can go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that this is a very tough time. We went through this with my dad in August...one day before the twin's birthday. Thankfully, Dad's passing was peaceful in the end. Oh, how we miss him, but he is finally complete again. What a blessing to have that hope and assurance we will see him again. "I'll Fly Away" was a song that was special for us too. :) You're in our prayers!