Saturday, December 1, 2007

How Do You Have Time to Blog?

People ask me this question all the time. "How do you have time for that?" they ask.

This ranks right up there with people who look at someone's hobby, or a special homemade something, and respond, "Clearly, she has too much time on her hands."

Here's what I say: You make time for what you love.

I love to write, I love to blog, I love to sort through my experiences and my emotions on paper. So I make time to do it.

I know a girl who loves a clean house, so she makes time to organize and polish everything she owns. I have another friend who loves to know her checkbook is in perfect order, so she spends plenty of time recording every transaction.

When it comes to balancing a checkbook, dusting the living room, or organizing the playroom, I think to myself, "How on earth do you have time for that?"

You make time for what you love. And here I am, making time. 'Cause I love this.

No comments: