Saturday, March 29, 2008

Look Who's Talking!

Tyler is. He really is. There. I said it.

He has five words:

Dada
Mama
Bob (as in Bob and Larry, of VeggieTales fame)
Bye
Uh-oh! (his favorite, most frequent, and for sure the cutest)

I don't really know what to do with a child who appears to be typically acquiring language. I go back and forth between total denial and sheer pride.

Sometimes I think, "Oh, there's no way. He's not really talking. If he ever says it again, then I'll think about this possibility." Then he says it again.

Other times I think he is quite the prodigy. After all, he is talking a full year before his brother did, and that's worth a few points on the secondborn scale.

Just days ago, two of my friends were visiting him and snuggling him (which, by the way, is the key to my heart... love my kids and I'm yours forever). As he rubbed his eyes, my friend asked, "Oh, Ty, are you sleepy?"

He snuggled into her shoulder and said, "Yeah."

He answered a question. What am I to do with this??

No comments: