Monday, May 5, 2008

Not a Baby Anymore...

We celebrated Tyler's birthday yesterday. Even though he won't officially turn one year old until Wednesday, our family is all about the party. Once the party happens, the birthday has happened as well.
As far as I am concerned, Tyler is a toddler.









And just like that, my baby boy has turned One.

Should I be sad about this? Because I feel like maybe I should be... and yet not a single bit of me is sad. Maybe it's because we've had a baby at our house for a very long time, since Tucker's babyhood flowed right into Tyler's, and ever since then I've had two in diapers, two who gave me reason to carry a diaper bag, two with opinions (I don't expect that to change - ever), and only recently, one who could talk.

Maybe I will be sad another day. I'll let you know. For now, I am really ready to turn the page on this book about raising boys.

Happy Birthday to you, Sweet Tyler.

PS. Stay tuned for more great pictures of our special day with Tyler. There are many, many pictures that captured moments only my heart has held until now. You won't want to miss them.

No comments: