Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Think I'm 'A Regular.'

Robb and I went to my favorite coffee shop tonight. I've told you about this place before... great aesthetics, great coffee, and live musicians on the best nights of the week. I also come here to read, write, edit, think, and be. I love.

I looked at their glass case of sweet treats... I'm a sucker for baked goods, but I also thought about ice cream tonight. So many choices, really. And I'm not that hard to please with such things. Robb had placed his order, but I was still thinking.

Finally, having made one decision at least, I said, "I would like a cup of your house coffee, please."

And the very kind familiar face behind the counter said, "I could have guessed it. I almost poured it for you."

"Oh, yeah? Predictable, am I?"

"Well, I really knew you were going to go with it because you were venturing out of your comfort zone, looking at other options. I knew you'd settle in for the tried and true."

Well, look at this student of my habits. Who am I to prove him wrong?

I added a cookie to the mix, which I've officially never done. At least not that exact variety. So there.

His name is Adam. We might as well be on a first name basis, if he's going to anticipate my every move.

No comments: