Monday, October 31, 2011

I Have Texture Issues


If ever there were a project that requires sunglasses,
I would agree it is the carving of pumpkins.

 "I'll hold your nose for you, Mommy."


 Tyler returned repeatedly to my kitchen drawers in search of more carving tools.  His suggestions included a potato scrubber and a melon baller.

 I held out for as long as I could before I busted out the rubber gloves.



  I post the following picture because Tyler and I are wearing the same facial expression, and because I am apparently washing my hands --
with rubber gloves on.

 





Drum roll, please.

These are our pumpkins:
'Bob the Potato' and 'Mindy.'
Robb has done the goopy parts for the last twelve years.  
I showed tremendous courage.



Happy Halloween.

Love,
Batman, Robin and WonderWoman


9 comments:

Unknown said...

You show tremendous courage every day, Tricia. Oh, and my boys are Batman & Robin this year, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures!!! They will be awesome memories years from now!!

Melody said...

Gosh, I adore you.

gluten free girl in a pasta world said...

HA! I don't carve pumpkins for EXACTLY that reason. My poor children never did it. We always paint ours. I convinced them it was more creative and it lasted longer.

Kelly Hickman said...

Wonder Woman indeed...

Melinda's Stories said...

You are wonderwoman. You did a great job on the pumpkins.

Noel said...

Very, very brave. So proud of you.

Nicole said...

Ha ha ha, I love Bob the potato, but for obvious reasons, I'm partial to Mindy . . . :) So cute! :)

Emily Kaye said...

We have the same texture issues and pumpkin carving gloves! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :-)