Sunday, February 10, 2008

Love the Mall

We love the mall.

I've said it before, but it is indeed the perfect cure for cabin fever, for a day without plans to leave the house, but a desperate need to go somewhere. The boys and I went to the mall on Friday, for some fun times at Pottery Barn Kids and the log cabin. For the first time, I let Tyler out of the stroller, and I let him roam free on the padded carpet.


Tucker was not impressed at first; sometimes his idea of Tyler's involvement entails his baby brother sitting in the stroller, strapped in, watching longingly and with great admiration as Tucker displays new and exciting behaviors that Tyler can only hope to do someday. But today was Tyler's day to give it a shot.

Once Tucker realized Tyler was on the floor to stay, that no amount of yelling, "No!" or pounding his brother on the forehead would take Tyler away (but it just might get Tucker taken away instead), he gave in and decided to show Tyler around the log cabin play area.



It was a day to remember.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

First things first: I, too, love the mall. And all things associated with it.

That very cabin served us well for a loooonnnnngggg time.

Now I almost get teary when we walk by thinking that they're too big for it.

Then I look around, notice I don't have a stroller, and that we can all independently feed ourselves and the tears suddenly disappear.