Thursday, February 7, 2008

Why Would You Say That?

At the doctor's office today, a mom in the waiting room looked at Tucker, who was playing away with the fun options for little boys.

She said, "He has beautiful hair. Lovely red tones to it. He'll probably hate it, but it's very pretty."

I said, "Thank you."

But I was thinking, "He'll probably hate it? Why do you think so? Because, frankly, he has exactlly my hair color, and I don't hate it. But if you think he will... well, that's interesting."

Hmmm. Interesting.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Well, that wasn't very nice; although I think it's a common misunderstanding that boys don't particularly care for red hair. But you know what? I don't think there is even a slight possibility of your boys having a low self-esteem. You are too good of a mom.