Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What's Better than Mommy? Bob.

Tucker has a fallen in love with Veggie Tales, and one of his new words is "Bob." As in, the tomato.

As I was getting for work yesterday, Tuck was having a bit of a meltdown over the idea of me leaving. I have discovered that he is a planner, he likes to have his ducks in a row, and it helps him to know what's coming. So, as is often our routine, we had a planning meeting.

"Tuck, let Mommy tell you The Plan. I'm going to get ready for work. After I leave, you can sit in Mommy's chair and have a snack, and you can drink your juice, and you can watch Bob. Sound good?"

He hopped off my lap, quite literally. He started waving to me.

"Bye-bye, Mommy. Bob." Although I was not quite ready to walk out the door, he was suddenly ready for me to leave. "Bye-bye, Mommy. Byeeee. Bye. Bye, Mommy. Bob. Bob. Bob."

Well, okay then. Thanks, Bob, for making my departure a smooth one.

No comments: