Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Countdown Has Begun

Tucker and I made a paper chain today to count down the days until Daddy comes home.

(Tyler was invited to participate, but he was far more interested in the wealth of toys to play with while his big brother was otherwise preoccupied.)



We cut our strips, we counted them out, and Tucker handed them to me one at a time, proudly announcing each color. Everything in me wanted a predictable pattern, but he got to be the Color King. So, there are a few places where two links are the same color, side by side. That's how it works for three-year-olds.




We hung it in a careful, prominent spot, and we'll tear off a link everyday after breakfast. And when the last one's torn? It's Daddy Day!



I think it's perfect. Great work, Tuck.
Only 24 links to go.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Okay. I LOVE THIS. (And yes, I'm yelling it.) Love it. And would have had a terribly difficult time not being the Color Queen. Good job, Mom.