Monday, October 20, 2008

Painfully True.

Tricia: "I really loved that book, but I sort of felt like maybe I could have written it. The author's voice was a lot like mine."

My mom: "Well, if you had written it, then nobody would have ever gotten to read it. Because you never send anything to a publisher."

Ouch.

But she's right. I have many things sitting and waiting for my courage to match their worth.

There is a small population to whom I have promised new shoes and a handbag if I turn thirty before I have sent a manuscript to a publisher.

I better get writing. Or shopping.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm just wondering if I can get in on the shoes and handbag thing. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have you get published, but seriously. Shoes...AND a handbag?

Love to you.

Anonymous said...

Okay, and I just noticed that my comment said Jason and this is obviously JEN.

My husband doesn't loves shoes and handbags nearly as much as I do! :-)

Janet said...

I love Brighton and I wear a size 7!

Tricia said...

Okay, Jen. You're in. And Jason too. And if he doesn't like handbags, you can have his. :)

Polly said...

Okay, as the mother quoted in this story, I just need to point out that I need all the help I can get in convincing this girl to SEND SOMETHING TO A PUBLISHER, FOR PETE'S SAKE!

Which is not to imply that I wouldn't enjoy a nice pair of shoes and a handbag to match. July 24, 2009 -- mark you calendars, girls.