Friday, August 29, 2008

Hey, Tricia, pose by the sunflowers.

My mom is growing a field of sunflowers in her backyard. Or, more truthfully, a handful of tall ones. She loves them, and they are truly the sunshine of her backyard. Good work, Mom.

She wanted a picture of me with the boys by the sunflowers. Easy enough? Right.

Except Tyler didn't want his brother near him. He began swatting at him, swinging and flailing his arms wildly, making it very clear that no big brother of his would stand close to him. At which point, I had to intervene, which brought on the tears... and left us with a great photo opportunity.

Just keeping it real.

2 comments:

my3boys said...

I have a picture of myself and my 2 sons, very similar to this one, with Mt. Rushmore in the background. Ah, the joys of parenting! ;)

Anonymous said...

Look at you - smiling like nothing is wrong! A day in the life of a mother of boys....