Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm Sitting on the Toilet.

I really am. But not for the reason you may think.

My sweet Tucker has a blue ribbon diaper rash, from days of diarrhea that have overwhelmed us both. So he's soaking his little cheeks, and I am sitting beside him... blogging from the toilet, with the lid closed. Let there be no question.

He is stacking the cups, pouring the water to and fro, blowing bubbles, splashing with his wash cloth, and playing with Elmo's windup submarine.

And all the while, he is practicing his new phrase. Every few moments, he looks at me and says, "Good morning, Mommy."

And I say, "Good morning, Tuck."

It's 3:20 in the afternoon. But he is all about the good morning greetings.

I'll take it. I'm just happy to sit here and listen to it. And write about it. On the toilet.

No comments: