Friday, December 19, 2008

Thumbkin

In an effort to entertain the masses while we waited for food to arrive to our table, I whipped out an old classic: Where Is Thumbkin.

Where is Thumbkin? Where is Thumbkin?
Here I am! Here I am!
How are you today, sir?
Very well, I thank you.
Run away. Run away.

It's new to my kids, but it's an old classic because it's timeless... or so I thought.

I sang and sang to them, verse after verse, and they were mesmerized.

Where is Thumbkin... Where is Pointer... Where is Tall Man...

Suddenly, Robb came alive from the other side of the table. "What? Tricia! Stop! What are you teaching our children?!?!"

Somehow, he had a problem with me wagging my middle fingers in public. To music. And teaching our children.

Go figure.

2 comments:

Mellifluous said...

How funny! We were singing that on Thursday, and I was trying to figure out how to make the Tall man stand out without having him stand alone.

my3boys said...

Once my kids were seemingly a little dehydrated and we were getting in the car for the 30 minute drive to meet Daddy for lunch. I gave them each a water bottle and told them to take a sip of water whenever they saw a red car. When Vince saw three jumpy boys with extrememly full bladders and heard them yelling, "Red car! Take a drink!" He asked me, "WHAT WERE YOU TEACHING THEM?"