Monday, December 29, 2008

Who Taught Him That?

My children woke up with the desire to run today. Hard and fast.

Our home is not especially conducive to hard, fast running, and I was a little weary of the scooters, strollers, tricycle, and trucks of every size slamming into the wall at top speed. So we made our way to the park as soon as possible.

Ah. Now this is where a boy can run. (On days like these, I miss the yard at the home I grew up in... an entire acre of running space. But I do not live in that home, and I don't know a single person in my city with that much grass. Such is the peril of suburbia.)

Tyler explored, climbing on and off benches, tackling playground equipment that demands skills far greater than his. But Tucker ran and ran and ran. He finally stopped to catch his breath - quite literally. My mom had joined us on our venture to running space, and she said, "My goodness, Tuck, that looks like hard work."

"Oh, yes. I runned to death."

Seriously? Who taught him this phrase??

No comments: