Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Who Did That??

Our visits to the grocery store are almost never without event.

Today, I needed to pick out a couple of greeting cards. With the boys perched in their places in the cart, I parked them beside me and perused my Shoebox and Fresh Ink options. I looked and looked, and I found some good ones.

But here's the thing: I didn't realized that I had poised my children directly beneath the selection of helium balloons. The smart people at the grocery store have this little 'cage' of sorts suspended from the ceiling, all to keep those happy little floaters from flying away. While I was reading and smiling to myself over Hallmark humor, they were systematically pulling the strings, sliding the balloons from beneath the cage, and letting them float up, up, up to the ceiling.

Nice.

As we scurried to another aisle, I commented, "What kind of unruly children do that?? And where is their mother??"

No comments: