Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Unanswers

"Look at that alien, Mommy. He only has one eye."

"True. One big one."

"I think God only has one eye, Mommy. Do you think he has one or two?"

"Well, we were made to look like him, and we have two, so I think he has two."

"Can he see us?"

"Always."

"Can Daddy see us?"

"I'm not sure, Tyler. Maybe sometimes."

"Can he hear us?"

"Well, I'm not sure, but I talk to him sometimes, and you can talk to him if you want to."

His eyes darted around the room, silently exploring the parameters of the life we know.

Almost inaudibly, he whispered, "Hey, Daddy? Could you come back, please?"

4 comments:

Jo said...

I know conversations like this must break your heart. But I think you are doing an amazing job with your boys. You are a good Mama, and your husband would be proud of how you are handling everything.

Jo said...

Conversations like this must break your heart. You are doing a wonderful job with your boys, though. I think your husband would be really proud of you.

Mrs. MK said...

so heartbreaking. Prayers for you and your sweet boys.

Terry said...

oh tricia..that sad little guy...how blessed he is that you are with him..i have no words....love terry