Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wrestle. Rest.

Wrestle. Rest.


Come to me,
all you are who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart
and you will find rest for your soul.

~ Matthew

That night, Jacob was left alone and a man wrestled with him until daybreak.
When the man saw that he could not overpower him,
he touched the socket of Jacob's hip
so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man.
'It is because I saw God face to face and yet my life was spared."

~ Genesis



Elizabeth pointed this out to me: the gift inside the word. We agreed we know neither what it means nor what to do with it.

But there's no denying that it is there: the rest in the wrestling.

Perhaps one evokes the other. Perhaps they are mutually inclusive.

Perhaps the rest is within the journey, rather than the result at the end.

I don't know. I really don't know.

But one must be part of the other. It's there, in black and white.

3 comments:

my3boys said...

...or green and red and the case might be. ;)

Meredith said...

I found your blog through a friend. This is a beautiful connection-thank you for sharing it! :)

Maggie-Rose said...

I don't know exactly what you're saying, but I get what you're saying.

Does that make any sense?